How to Buy a Home with Zero Down
This program is no longer available however there are other options.
Every day, families in Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon and other areas throughout the GTA are buying homes with a Zero Down Payment Mortgage also known as a Cash Back Mortgage.
If you are like many people, you can afford a monthly mortgage payment but you may be unable to save up for the down payment and the closing costs. Thankfully with Françoise Pollard on your team, this doesn’t have to stop you from getting a mortgage and owning your own home.
A Zero Down Payment Mortgage allows you to finance 100% of your new home purchase, live in the home of your choice, and build equity. Essentially, you borrow the 5% down payment from your lender who then incorporates it into your interest rate. The result is a slightly higher monthly mortgage payment, however, all you’re required to pay are the closing costs.
If you live in an area where property prices are rising quickly, a Zero Down Payment Mortgage can help you buy a home faster and start building equity sooner.
Do you qualify for a Zero Down Payment Mortgage?
Homebuyers interested in applying for a Zero Down Payment Mortgage must have a good credit rating and a stable income including the following:
- Minimum credit score of 640 or more;
- 24 months of strong payment history on an individual account or combination of accounts;
- No collections, judgments or late/missed payments in last 24 months;
- No previous bankruptcies, consumer proposals or credit counselling;
- Two to three years of stable employment in the same industry with proof of satisfactory income; and
- Proof of closing costs, which are approximately 1.5% of the purchase price of your home.
Financing 100% of the purchase price of your home is an exciting proposition but it isn’t without risk. Remember, your monthly mortgage payments will be higher than if you had a down payment. You may also be required to pay for mortgage insurance, which will also increase your monthly payments.
If you’re interested in knowing how to buy a home with zero down Françoise Pollard can help.
You can contact Keith & Françoise anytime using the form below.
Don’t want to fill out a form? Click here to send Keith & Françoise an email instead.